Sunday, December 26, 2010

NO TECHNOLOGY

Merry Christmas to me…
…I got the new iPod nano…small…pink...a pocket-sized music box. 
It got me thinking…
In order to get this WONDERFUL gift working…I had to load it on my computer.  Of course…I wanted the world to know how happy I was…so I got on face book and posted the news…I texted a few friends.
Don’t get me wrong…I LOVE MY PRESENTS.
More so…I LOVE TECHNOLOGY.
But if I wanted to unplug for a day...  How might that go…?
I think for the first few hours I could keep myself occupied.
But today is as good a day as any. 
It’s SNOWING!
So, I think I’m going to take this day and unplug as best I can.
I’m going to continue to listen to my sweet little brother sing…
Not songs mind you…but stuff he’s made up.
For instance…he got a buzz light-year for Christmas…this is what he was singing…
“I can fly...over the city…I can fly over the city.  Flyyyyy..over the city, city, city, city…fly over the city.”
I’m sure we’ll play a board game of some sort.  I can imagine it would be a trivia game.
With all this snow, we’re bound to build a snowman….make snow angels…throw snow balls. 
Maybe we can come inside and warm up by the fire...
How would you spend an unplugged day?  Plan it here and then DO IT! 
- The Happy Book

No comments:

Post a Comment